Monday, April 1, 2013

March 15, 2013

Yesterday...

...was a crappy day, albeit sunny. My heel pain was ridiculous, I could hardly walk.

Anatabloc didn't do anything for me, so there goes another hope for the miracle cure.

I read up on increased vascularity of the thyroid in Hashimoto euthyroid patients. Apparently, it is caused by TSH. I am doing some mental acrobatics to not link "vascularization" with "angiogenesis" and ignore the fact that Peat said TSH is carcinogenic. If thyroid cancer is the next step and I'm heading there because I found some stubborn doctors who go by a book that doesn't seem to be valid in most other places on Earth, well... Bummer, right?

Obviously interested in surviving, my brain presented some alternative plans. After watching a documentary on France 3 about life in Thailand it quite fancied the idea. How about moving there, the thought was sheepishly presented to my sovereign conscious mind. It's sunny, they have good doctors, and thyroid hormones are OTC... Life is way more affordable than here. Maybe I could start a farm in the countryside. Grow a few animals, cultivate a few veggies, surely there is a growing demand for everything organic in that booming economy, I might even be able to turn a profit. Or feed my family and friends all over the world with perfect food. The conscious mind was like, meh. I don't know anything about farming. And Thai language (especially the writing), I find exceedingly annoying to master. And I'm not so sure about the climate, either. Maybe I got sick after those two weeks in Bangkok, when I ate insects and worms and street food, thinking I'm superhuman or something. Although it was after the Koh Samui trip that I really started to feel bad, although during that one I was a lot more conservative, but still, who knows, right?

Peat chose to live in Mexico. I only saw Cancun and found it too arid for my taste, but maybe that's a virtue. In their quest for a safe environment, (over)sensitive humans should look for warm, dry climates where not many plants survive and the fauna is relatively scarce. I mean, I'm comparing Mexico to lush Thailand. But I like plant-invaded landscapes... Like the sun, they make me happy! Costa Rica was my favorite.

Diet wise, I stopped all milk, again. I want to do the test recommended by Steven Wm. Fowkes in the 
link posted by Yves (thank you! ). OJ, coffee, gelatin, eggs, coconut oil, spyramicin, D3, E, zinc, magnesium, B complex, provolone, manchego, apples, OJ, coffee, boar stew again, red wine (organic, unfiltered, sans collage, no sulfites), NAC&vit C (another Fowkes recommendation, this time against alcohol side effects), spyramicin, dark chocolate.

Today, it is sunny again, but it is too cold for biking. I need some spring time here.


No comments:

Post a Comment