Monday, April 1, 2013

March 30, 2013


Sweet energy…

I cannot believe how these last couple of days have been for me. Ever since I could walk again after the Great Fever, I felt different. I would not walk, I would dance. I would sing! I would go up the stairs, then like the feeling, come rushing down the stairs, only to climb again, to come down again, to go up and come down and up and down and up and down — I have been BOUNCING with easy, dispensable, buoyant energy!

I have done things, written things, said things non-stop -- I am never tired, I don’t eat much, I don’t care about eating, I sleep like a log and I am no longer caring whether it is day or night, whether it rains or it shines or what the heck “it” does out there, I am BRIMMING with the great joy of being alive!

I smile constantly, nothing upsets me, I take on huge issues, I want to do a few grandiose projects. Ideas keep rushing to my head, my heart, my muscles. I am feverishly concocting a new world order. Oh, you have no concept!

My husband stares at this new me, which is the old me he met 25 years ago. The Me That Was Going To Change The World -- and keep smiling throughout the process!

My eyesight is clear again, I no longer find myself searching for focus. I get up after extensive periods of sitting on a chair without any pain! I had come to accept that particular pain, the pain of me moving again from a locked position, the absurd, pitiful pain of aging me. All that psychological and physical humiliation… GONE! I move when I want, how I want, with the ease of a freaking dancer!

Can the fever have restarted my thyroid, I ask myself. If that’s the case, sweet thyroid, welcome back! I didn’t even know how much I missed you!

What if it won’t last?

At least I remembered what fully functional is like!

Let this be a reminder of what I should feel like EVERY DAY.



No comments:

Post a Comment